Hispanic Women's Corporation & Zuckerman Family Foundation Scholarship
College/Division: Public Health
Website: View Site
Description: This award goes to support College of Public Health undergraduate and graduate students. Applicants should demonstrate a commitment to service in the Hispanic communities of Arizona and social awareness of Hispanic culture. Preference will be given to applicants who also demonstrate leadership in and service to the Hispanic community. A completed application, personal statement, and resume must be submitted in order to be considered.
Eligibility: Full time undergraduate student in the Public Health major OR full time graduate student enrolled in any
of the COPH Graduate Programs.
- Completed 2018-2019 FAFSA
- GPA of 3.0 or higher
- Demonstrate a commitment to service in the Hispanic communities and social awareness of Hispanic culture
How to Apply: Newly admitted and current UA students can apply to available scholarships they are matched to by logging in with their UA Net ID and Password and completing their profile.
ASU Latino Partnership Scholarship - Hispanic Women's Corporation
Minimum GPA: 3.0
Website: View Site
Residency: Arizona resident
Enrollment Status: Full-time
Academic Level: Incoming Freshman, Incoming Transfer (Undergraduate) Freshman, Sophomore, Junior, Senior
Location: Downtown Phoenix | Polytechnic | Tempe | West
- Must be an Arizona resident for tuition purposes . Arizona law requires that students who are classified in-state for tuition purposes provide verification of citizenship, permanent residency or other lawful immigration status.
- Admitted to Arizona State University as a full-time undergraduate degree-seeking student.
- Maintain enrollment as a full-time undergraduate student. Full-time enrollment constitutes a minimum of 24 credit-hours; however, you are strongly encouraged to complete thirty (30) credit hours by the conclusion of the spring semester to remain on track to graduate within four years. ASU sponsored study abroad courses are counted toward full-time credit-hour requirements. Summer session courses, Advanced Placement credits, and transfer credits from other colleges/universities DO NOT satisfy fulltime credit-hour requirements for renewal eligibility.
- Entering freshmen must have a 3.0 GPA in their high school coursework.
- Community College transfer students must have a cumulative GPA above 3.0.
- ASU students that are first time applicants: Sophomores must have a 3.0 GPA in their ASU coursework. ASU Juniors and Seniors must have a cumulative GPA of 3.0 in their ASU coursework.
- This scholarship may not be combined with the following ASU institutional merit awards: National Scholars Award (National Merit Finalist, National Hispanic Finalist, National Achievement Finalist), President’s Award, and Provost’s Award. If you received the Regents High Honors Endorsement scholarship prior to the 2013- 2014 school year, your award may not be combined with this scholarship.
- The ASU Latino Partnership Scholars is comprised of the following partners: César Chávez Leadership Institute, Chicano/Latino Faculty and Staff Association, Chicanos Por La Causa, Inc., ASU Hispanic Business Alumni, Los Diablos Alumni and Hispanic Women’s Corporation. ASU students are able to apply for more than one of the ASU Latino Partnership Scholars awards but can only be awarded one ASU Latino Partnership Scholars award.
- Dependents of employees/retirees of the three (3) Arizona state universities that qualify for tuition subsidy under university employee plans are not eligible for consideration of this scholarship.
- Demonstrated involvement in community service, leadership or extracurricular activities.
- Attend HWC Scholar Orientation activities and special events.
- Attend the HWC Scholarship Benefit Luncheon.